Monday 30 July 2012

Photobucket Photobucket

I grew up on salad - people often shudder when they hear the word "salad" - and I can understand why, most restaurants' version of a salad is a pile of limp, flavourless vegetables. Or, if you live in France, a few lettuce leaves drowning in some sort of smelly cheese. Gross. My mom taught me well however, she is undeniably the salad queen. I've been making this salad all summer long and it works either as a main or a side dish. Trick to make this salad super tasty, is chop everything super super finely, especially the lettuce. And always cut the cherry tomatoes in half. The bacon adds a lot of flavour, cook it in the oven, so it is less greasy. Finally, for the dressing, I mix a small amount of  sundried tomato oil with some balsamic vinegar, add a dash of honey plus some pepper, and voila! 

1 comment:

  1. That looks really good. Def worth a try. Not a fan of sun dried tomatoes so will stick to normal ones.

    xoxo
    Ivy
    http://www.purrpleivy.com/

    ReplyDelete